The Pew Center for Arts & Heritage (the Center) seeks to fill a part-time (20 hours per week), temporary position to support its communications team during a staff leave for approximately four months (September—December 2021). This position will support effective and efficient communications operations through creative, technical, and operational services related to the Center’s social media content and advertising, website, and digital analytics platforms; as well as work with internal systems for project and content management, staff collaborations, digital media library, and email communications.
The successful candidate will be a creative and skilled communicator with strong writing abilities, demonstrated experience creating and promoting multimedia digital content, fluency in social media platforms and trends, and ability to collaborate within a team context.
ABOUT THE CENTER
The Center is a multidisciplinary grantmaker and hub for knowledge-sharing, dedicated to fostering a vibrant cultural community in Greater Philadelphia. The Center invests in ambitious, imaginative projects that showcase the region’s cultural vitality and enhance public life, and we engage in an ongoing exchange of ideas concerning artistic and interpretive practice with a broad network of cultural practitioners and leaders. The Center is funded by The Pew Charitable Trusts and administered by The University of the Arts, Philadelphia. Learn more at pewcenterarts.org.
The Center is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We employ a staff of talented, motivated individuals with experience and interest in the nonprofit and/or arts and culture sectors.
POSITION ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a social media editorial schedule through the creation of associated content for social platforms; monitor and manage audience engagement; devise and implement the social media advertising strategy and schedule with a knowledge of audience profiles and targeting tactics (Current platforms include: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Vimeo.)
- Report on digital communications performance by regularly monitoring and reporting on social media analytics data
- Assist in maintaining the Center’s website, including writing select content, editing and adding images, and building web pages within existing Drupal content management system
- Respond to writing and copyediting assignments, ensuring that all content is consistent with the Center’s established branding and communications goal
- Participate in weekly meetings with communications team, and other Center staff as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Requires experience in communications, digital marketing, public relations, or a related field, with a minimum of two years of experience in web and social content management and development
- Knowledge of the arts and nonprofit fields a plus
- Must have an understanding of digital communications, both technically and strategically and a strong aptitude for software programs, web-based platforms, and digital tools
- Fluency in social media platforms, digital advertising, web content management systems, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office Suite, and competence in Photoshop for basic photo, web, and print layouts and editing
- Excellent communication skills, flexible writing style with an emphasis on clarity and conciseness, and ability to adhere to house style
- Strong organizational skills, able to prioritize and work successfully both independently and within a team context
- Training time of up to 10 hours per week will occur in September 2021, with work to be performed for 20 hours per week October through the end of December 2021.
- Exact work schedule to be determined; must be available during standard business hours (Monday—Friday, 9am—5pm).
- Work may be performed remotely, though preference may be given to candidates available to work on-site in Philadelphia.
Interested, qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and portfolio link if available to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the subject line.
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.