Mondays with Milford Film Screenings
28 Sep 2020 - 18 Jan 2021
Monday, September 28, 2020 to Monday, January 18, 2021
Add to Calendar
Milford Graves, Beyond Polymath, 2017. Photo courtesy of Ars Nova Workshop.
In conjunction with Ars Nova Workshop’s exhibition Milford Graves: A Mind-Body Deal, a series of bi-weekly virtual film screenings offer rare digital footage from Milford Graves’ archives.
Presented in partnership with the Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) at the University of Pennsylvania, each screening begins streaming at 6 p.m. and remains online until the next begins.
- Introduction Part 1: Speaking in Tongues
- Introduction Part 2: Festac ’77
- Research and Investigation: Heart Music
- In Performance Part 1: Collaborative Projects
- In Performance Part 2: Solo Work
- Encounters in Japan: Min Tanaka
- The Botanist: Graves in the Garden
- The Griot: Performative Lectures
- Yara Martial Arts Movements: Healing Arts
A Mind-Body Deal explores Graves’ influential career as a drummer as well as his work in activism, medicine, botany, and martial arts. The exhibition featuring Graves’ artworks, archival recordings, and ephemera is on view at ICA through January 24, 2021.