Maternity Care Coalition workshop. Photo courtesy of Maternity Care Coalition.
Presented by Maternity Care Coalition, a panel of thought leaders discuss the universal and urgent design challenges, needs, and opportunities at the intersections of design and reproductive justice. The panel is moderated by the curators of the forthcoming project Designing Motherhood: A Century of Making (and Unmaking) Babies.
- Tekara Gainey, doula, Maternity Care Coalition
- Meegan Daigler, Reia Health
- Fran Wang and Rachel Hobart, co-founders, Yona Care
- Robert Hicks, the Mütter Museum of The College of Physicians
- Zoe Greggs, curator, Maternity Care Coalition
Designing Motherhood will unfold through 2021 and include a multi-site exhibition, publication, and series of public programs. The work will explore historical and contemporary conversations around reproduction, maternity, and childbirth across communities and cultures.
This event is free, but registration is required.